There’s no better than putting on a pair of shorts or your favourite summer dress and feeling confident with the toned arms ans flat stomach that you have worked on!
I have personally struggled with weight loss especially after having my daughter and gaining 65 pounds over my pregnancy. I used t hate Fridays when I had to put on a bathing suit and returned to my pre-baby bikini that I love. It’s the best feeling to know that I have worked to get to my gals and I can wear anything in my closet again with confidence and pride.
MOTIVATION:my top 5 motivation tips are:
- Dig up your favourite dress, pair of jeans or bikini and hang it somewhere you can see it every day. This will serve as a reminder of what your goal is!
- Find a photo of yourself when you were at your ideal weight and post it on your fridge or desktop computer.
- If you were never at your ideal weight, cut out a photo from a magazine (something realistic and not an air brushed super model) and post that somewhere you can see it every day.
- Write out your goals and re-read them every day.
- Think about your fitness “why”. Why do you want to get fit? Is it to feel confident? To get up the Grouse Grind? Do a half marathon? To have energy for your kids? To live a longer healthier life? Write this down and repeat it to yourself every day.
EXERCISE PLAN: my top 5 fitness tips are:
- Work your legs! When you work your legs, you burn a ton of calories.
- Squats and lunges will burn more calories per repetition than any other exercise.
- CHANGE IT UP! Try and do something different every workout. This will shock your body into burning more calories.
- Lift Weights! Lifting weight will not make your body big or bulky! It is proven that lifting weights will help you burn more calories and not only during the workout, but for up to 72 hours after the workout.
- Follow this full body workout as an example of a total body burn.